An onion is an edible bulb of many layers, with a pungent smell and taste, used in cooking. It is a member of the Allium genus – along with garlic, leeks and chives – in the the Lily family, the Liliaceae. The genus Allium also contains a number of other species variously referred to as onions and cultivated for food.
- Liquify phlegm and prevents its recurrence
- Helps to cure cough, cold, bronchitis and influenza
- Helpful in treating anemia due to the assimilable iron content.
- Helps in treatment of urinary system disorders
- Effective in bleeding piles.
- Take onion with 2 to 3 pepper will cure fever and shivering
- If taken with common salt will arrest stomach ache
- If roasted with ghee and taken orally will cool body heat
- Boil onion with vinegar and take to cure throat ulcer, stomach ache, liver growth and jaundice
- Apply locally to ally irritation of insect bites, scorpion stings and skin diseases
- In roasted form or applied as poultice to heal wounds bruises etc.
- ForBleeding piles : Grind 30 grams of onion and 60 grams of sugar finely. Take twice daily for a few days.