Jequitity (also known as Liquorice) is a popular flavoring agent. The plan it tall, erect and grows up to 1.5 meters in height. t has compound leaves, flat fruit and densely covered with small spinous outgrowths.
- Root is laxative and expectorant. It produces soothing effect on the skin if applied externally.
- Sore throat : Small piece of raw Jequitity if chewed or sucked provides relief by soothing the inflammation.
- Cough : Jequitity with honey can be given to infants
- Myopia : Half teaspoon full of the powder of Jequitity root, mixed with equal amount of honey and half quantity of ghee can be given twice daily with milk on an empty stomach
- Constipation : Jequitity powder with jaggery and water help in this condition
- Stomach ulcer : Dried Jequitity root soaked overnight in water and the infusion taken with rice gruel helps in the cure of ulcer.
- Muscular pain : Take an infusion of the roots soaked overnight to relieve chronic joint problems.
- Wounds and scalds: Jequitity powder mixed with butter or ghee and honey can be applied on cuts and wounds
- Dim eye sight : Grind the Jequitity in mother’smilk. This solution may be applied in eyes.
The information in this topic is intended to serve as a reference guide only. The meditations, practices, single herb tips and techniques described herein do NOT purport to be, nor are intended to be, used as an alternative or substitute for professional medical treatment and care. If the reader is suffering from a mental or emotional disorder, he or she should consult with an appropriate healthcare professional. The information given herein does NOT attempt to give any medical diagnosis, treatment, prescription, or remedial recommendation in relation to any disease, ailment, suffering or physical condition of any living thing or object whatsoever. While all suggested practices, descriptions and techniques are offered in good faith, the author, publisher, printer, webmaster or any member, contributor or promoter of Pranashakty or Siddha Applied Science Institute cannot accept any responsibility for the consequences of any action in using any of the information herein.